For those of you headed to MINIsOnTop on Friday, June 17th, there are two different MINI/Mini Caravans to Area 51 (15 miles north of Concord, NH on I-93), our traditional meeting point for the final driving leg up to the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel.
The Yankee Candle Caravan will be leaving from Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, MA. The Boston area caravan leaves from Commerce Way in Woburn (exit 37C on I93) at around noon. They will both converge at Area 51 for a 2:00 pm departure in a “Grand Caravan” to Attitash.
Preparation for all Caravans
- make sure your MINI/Mini is given a “tech inspection” to insure a safe and legal vehicle
- start your Yankee Candle or Boston Caravan with a full tank of gas as none of the Caravans will stop for gas
- pack a picnic lunch for Area 51 as the Caravans from Area 51 to Attitash will not be stopping for food or fuel
- print out all maps you will need for your routes; maps will not be provided by the organizers, but you can find them on the Driving Routes page.
- if available, bring FRS/GMRS walkie-talkie radios for in car communications and entertainment during the Caravans
While you do not need to officially register for any of these Caravans, the organizers would appreciate knowing who will be joining each of the Caravans. Please post your intentions to this thread on MINI2 or in the comments below and we will track each Caravan’s members. There’s also an event page on Facebook for the caravans.