While MINIs on Top is not a fundraising event – fun is our goal! – we’ve donated nearly $85,000 in event proceeds to charities over the last ten years. Lots of those proceeds are from the sale of door prize tickets which can be purchased at the event for $1 each. I’d like to take a moment to thank the individuals and companies who have generously donated items so far this year:
- MOT attendee Don Kindred donated a small collection of Swarovski crystal ducks and charms. Given how popular the Swarovski duck was last year, I’m sure this bundle will be a huge hit.
- Long-time MOT friends Bentley Publishers donated two books: a MINI Cooper Service Manual: 07-11 and the MINI Cooper Service Manual: 02-06.
- Another long-time supporter Bavarian Autosport donated (1) $100 gift certificate and (2) $50 gift certificates.
- MOT volunteer Pete Basiliere has yet again donated (3) one-year Mt. Washington Observatory Family Memberships.
- The Mt. Washington Observatory (MWO) kindly donated a Seek-the-Peek backpack.
And this is just the beginning! As usual, the items will be bundled up into especially-appealing packages just before the event so we’re not stuck under the tent calling raffle numbers all night. Keep an eye on this site for more items you may want to get your hands on.
I’d also like to thank Michael and Inge Drozd for kindly stepping up to run this portion of the 2013 event. It is a big job and without them it may not have happened this year. Please be sure to thank them for their efforts when you see them in June.